The first thing to check out is this phenomenal ZeeMee Tip (ZIP) from our gap-year interns, Wil and Anthony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op-OTFc3gsQ
It is important to ensure that your videos aren't too long. Shoot for under 2 minutes, preferably even 1.
Admissions reps, scholarship decision-makers and employers are busy people.
Uploading a 20-minute video of your athletic highlights from 1st to 12th grade is not a good fit for the Meet Me video.
They want a quick, authentic view of who you are, what you are passionate about and why you would be a good fit for their school, scholarship or job opening.
Save the long video of your athletic highlights for the coaches. In fact, send your ZeeMee page directly to them!
- Find a friend who can hold a camera while you focus on talking
- If you can't, then set a camera on a tripod or a high table so that it isn't shaky
- Memorize what you want to say and say it in 1 take. Edits will make it feel less quality
- Crop the beginning and the end, so that it has a clean start and finish
- Try using a video app that allows you to add some filters if you're using your iPhone
- Film it in a widescreen or landscape format, so there are no black bars added to your video
Here are some great examples of a Meet Me Video without actually having to be on camera!